The Long Island Housing Services, the Touro Law Center and the Town of Southampton Housing Authority bring you the Fair Housing Forum: Rights and Remedies, an approved Continuing Legal Education event featuring Michael J. Goldberger, Chief of Civil Rights, Civil Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of New York. In this event, Goldberger will be discussing major cases affecting Long Island municipalities and communities, focusing on Oyster Bay, Garden City, Great Neck Plaza and Mastic Beach. Topics include:
- Exclusionary Practices, Affordable Housing, Zoning, Code Enforcement
- HUD-DOJ Guidance: Eliminating Barriers, Language and Equal Access
- Criminal Records/Convictions, Reasonable Accommodations/Modifications
- Fair Housing Rights: Provisions under Federal, State and Local Laws
A Q&A session will follow. This forum has been approved for 2-3 Continuing Legal Education Units. Advanced registration is required so don’t delay in reserving your spot for this forum!
Admission fee $40. Fee is $80 for Attorneys seeking CLE units*
Click here to register.
Questions: Ian S. Wilder, Esq., Deputy Director
(631) 567-5111, ext. 314 or email Ian@lifairhousing.org
Friday, December 9, 2016
9:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Hotel Indigo, 1830 W. Main St., Rte. 25, Riverhead