Community Health Advocates (CHA) is the Consumer Voice for health care access – and it needs your help.
CHA will have to cut services by 25% without an additional $1.5 million in funding from the Legislature.
YOU CAN SAVE CHA!
Send a message to your legislators now!
CHA helps New Yorkers:
- Understand how to use their health insurance;
- Resolve billing issues and coverage denials with their health plans;
- Maximize their coverage (get prior authorizations, access specialists and obtain out-of-network services when needed);
- Access affordable health care services and hospital financial assistance programs; and
- Understand how small business owners can offer health insurance and get health insurance tax credits.
Since 2010 the CHA helpline and network of community based organizations has completed over 239,000 cases for New Yorkers across the state. CHA has saved New Yorkers close to $15 million in health care and health insurance costs.
CHA has an annual budget of $4 million. Governor Cuomo included $2.5 million for CHA in the state budget this year, leaving a $1.5 million gap to keep CHA services at their current level. You can help make sure your legislators provide and support funding for this critical program!